1. Unregistered

he am!!!!!!!

excuse me i wanna ask is it true to say (he am my hero he am my brave and ...)i mean can we use am instead of is in slang language i heard it in a song please tell me about this structure and the second one can a sentence be without any verb if yes how if no so what is this? how could i ever when my heart is in your hands i heard it in another song and im sure they are correct cos i got the lyrics of these songs on from the internet

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: he am!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    excuse me i wanna ask is it true to say (he am my hero he am my brave and ...)i mean can we use am instead of is in slang language i heard it in a song please tell me about this structure and the second one can a sentence be without any verb if yes how if no so what is this? how could i ever when my heart is in your hands i heard it in another song and im sure they are correct cos i got the lyrics of these songs on from the internet
    He am is not grammatically correct. You might have heard ain`t which is a slang term for is not.
    As for your second question regarding how could i ever when my heart is in your hands, this is not a complete sentence. It could sound:
    How could I ever live / go on / etc. , when my heart is in your hands?
    Last edited by Teia; 08-Oct-2007 at 21:48.

• Post Thanks / Like

Songs do not follow the rules of grammar. The language is governed by the need to fit into rhythm, rhyme and music. Do not regard them as a good source of learning formal English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ... im sure they are correct cos i got the lyrics of these songs on from the internet
    Oh well! That's OK then.

b