1. Unregistered

Unhappy help

I 'm new English teacher . I have a big problem I feel that I'm boring and I cant teach sometimes . my supervisor is really make me hate my life because of her treatment . every time she see us she said you still young and you all the time complain . I cant ask her for advises.

Re: help

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I 'm new English teacher . I have a big problem I feel that I'm boring and I cant teach sometimes . my supervisor is really make me hate my life because of her treatment . every time she see us she said you still young and you all the time complain . I cant ask her for advises.
    your written grammar belies your statement that you are an english teacher.

if you are, and your english is not 'up to snuff', it may underlie your discomfort, and be, at the least, one cause of your discontent and friction with your supervisor.

unhappiness in your job may be a symptom of a greater problem. why did you choose a job that is stressful?

consider seeking professional help from a counsellor or therapist. there are many types of therapy to consider. therapy may be expensive or not, depending upon where you live. sources of inexpensive counsellors may be found even from a community centre.

geoff
    vancouver
    Last edited by gdunbar1; 12-Oct-2007 at 20:22. Reason: spelling

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Hello, Unregistered! It would be helpful if you would take the time to officially register in this forum. It would help us put your questions into greater context as to where you are located and where you might go to seek additional help with your concerns.

If you recognize that you are a "boring" teacher, only you have the power to change your perception of yourself. Ask yourself what you can do to energize your lessons. Are you passionate about teaching your students or are you just waiting for your weekly paycheck? If you are teaching just for the money you receive, you might be better suited for another line of employment. Passionate teachers are usually the most effective teachers in a classroom setting.

As for the unpleasant relationship with your supervisor, you also have the power to affect change! Stop "complaining" to her! Put on your "happy face" and charm her with only positive comments. Choose your battles carefully and prioritize your concerns for sharing at the proper times.

Let us know what types of activities/lessons are working positively in your classroom. Perhaps we can help you build upon your perceived strengths as a teacher.

thank u