Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. angliholic's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 2,988
    #1

    Smile Now, that's a frightening thought!

    If you were to pull someone's hair hard enough, it wouldn't break. It would just pop right out of the scalp. Now, that's a frightening thought!



    Does the line in bold mean whenever you think of it, it's frightening (give you goose bumps all over your body?" Thanks.


    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 3,059
    #2

    Re: Now, that's a frightening thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by angliholic View Post
    If you were to pull someone's hair hard enough, it wouldn't break. It would just pop right out of the scalp. Now, that's a frightening thought!



    Does the line in bold mean whenever you think of it, it's frightening (give you goose bumps all over your body?" Thanks.
    Kinda, A. The effect it would have on different people would obviously vary but to most, except me, a cueball, it would certainly have some negative effect.

  2. angliholic's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 2,988
    #3

    Re: Now, that's a frightening thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by riverkid View Post
    Kinda, A. The effect it would have on different people would obviously vary but to most, except me, a cueball, it would certainly have some negative effect.
    Thanks, riverkid, for your reply.
    By the way, what does a cueball refer to? A freak?


    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 1,153
    #4

    Re: Now, that's a frightening thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by angliholic View Post
    Thanks, riverkid, for your reply.
    By the way, what does a cueball refer to? A freak?
    Probably he is bald....(no hair on his head)

  3. angliholic's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 2,988
    #5

    Re: Now, that's a frightening thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by Naamplao View Post
    Probably he is bald....(no hair on his head)
    Thanks, Naamplao.
    But are you serious?


    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 1,153
    #6

    Re: Now, that's a frightening thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by angliholic View Post
    Thanks, Naamplao.
    But are you serious?
    {sigh} of course, I am!!! There is an expression "bald as a billiard ball" that is what he was refering to.

  4. angliholic's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 2,988
    #7

    Re: Now, that's a frightening thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by Naamplao View Post
    {sigh} of course, I am!!! There is an expression "bald as a billiard ball" that is what he was refering to.
    Thanks, Naamplao, for the confirmaiton and entertaining reply.
    I find the expressional very amusing and descriptive--bald as a billiard ball.
    Now I get it.

Similar Threads

  1. Thought for the day/ Thought of the day
    By daelor123 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-Sep-2007, 18:24
  2. thought
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-Jan-2007, 21:49
  3. thought
    By endeavor6636 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-Aug-2006, 07:00
  4. I thought
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-Jul-2005, 19:26

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •