1. Unregistered

nose and eye

Hi there,

Can I use 'nose shit' to mean 'bogey' and 'snot' and 'mucus'? Then what is the formal and informal words for 'nose shit'?

And how about the word for 'eye shit'? what is the formal and informal words for 'eye shit'?

thanks
    pete

Re: nose and eye

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi there,

Can I use 'nose shit' to mean 'bogey' and 'snot' and 'mucus'? Then what is the formal and informal words for 'nose shit'?

And how about the word for 'eye shit'? what is the formal and informal words for 'eye shit'?

thanks
    pete
    There is no such thing as "nose shit" or "eye shit" unless you wish to appear extremely childish or crude.

With respect to your nose, you have mucus as a polite word and bogey and snot meaning the same thing in a slang, slightly crude way. (you would usually not refer it as such with your mother or someone that you otherwise respect.)

If the mucus is liquid and uncontrollably coming out of your nose, as happens when you are sick, we say "Your nose is running"

With respect to your eyes, the liquid is called tears. In the morning you may have hard bits in the corner of your eyes...we call that sleep as it only forms when you are sleeping.
    Last edited by Naamplao; 14-Oct-2007 at 03:54.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I've never seen it and I find it offensive.

Mucus, snot, bogey, and booger are all used.

The stuff in your eye can be called sleep (odd, I know) or the more colorful phrase "eye booger."

Are you aware that the "s-word" is considered very vulgar?

My mother always called those hard bits of mucus that show up in the corners of your eyes when you wake up "sleepy bugs".

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    I've never seen it and I find it offensive.

Mucus, snot, bogey, and booger are all used.

The stuff in your eye can be called sleep (odd, I know) or the more colorful phrase "eye booger."

Are you aware that the "s-word" is considered very vulgar?
    Holy Boogers, Batman!!! What is the world coming to???
    I must admit that I have never heard the expression 'nose s--t' before! Now that I think about it, it does make perfect sense, doesn't it?

Cheers,
    Amigos4