slide

Hello! I'm reading a leaflet about a gym and here I find the following paragraph:
    "New club with gym, steam room, sunbeds. Full range of classes, inc. aerobics, step, slide. Reduced rates for students."
    I seem to be having problems with the word "slide". To my understanding this is a plaything you find in children's playgrounds, and I certainly have never seen one in a gym. Is that the meaning of this word here or am I missing something?
    Thank you.

Re: slide

Quote Originally Posted by micaelo View Post
    Hello! I'm reading a leaflet about a gym and here I find the following paragraph:
    "New club with gym, steam room, sunbeds. Full range of classes, inc. aerobics, step, slide. Reduced rates for students."
    I seem to be having problems with the word "slide". To my understanding this is a plaything you find in children's playgrounds, and I certainly have never seen one in a gym. Is that the meaning of this word here or am I missing something?
    Thank you.
    This is a paragraph from Bodybuilding.com - Bodybuilding.com Writer - Aerobics: An In-Depth Look!

Slide Aerobics
    Adjustable slides are available to adapt the sliding area to an individual's size and strength; and there are various sliding surfaces. Since the slide is a recent development little research has been done on the benefits and risks. It is also unclear on which design is most effective or safe. But there are many options for product selection.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: slide

As in the photo Naamplao posted, slide aerobics involves putting oversized plastic "booties" over your athletic shoes and then sliding from side to side on a special mat. It is supposed to imitate the movements of a speed skater.