Results 1 to 5 of 5

    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 433
    #1

    Correct Grammar?

    Hi,

    Is the following sentence correct?

    To forget your strains, make good friends rather than smoking.

    By the way, if you have a better way of expressing this, please let me know.

    Thanks

    Regards, Asad


    • Join Date: Jul 2007
    • Posts: 554
    #2

    Re: Correct Grammar?

    It's strange. Perhaps, -

    To forget your worries find some good friends rather than taking up smoking.


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434
    #3

    Re: Correct Grammar?

    Quote Originally Posted by asad hussain View Post
    Hi,

    Is the following sentence correct?

    To forget your strains, make good friends rather than smoking.

    By the way, if you have a better way of expressing this, please let me know.

    Thanks

    Regards, Asad
    If this is a slogan, it needs to be short and snappy:

    Under stress? Make friends, not smoke.

    Forget all your worries - your friends will help but a cigarette won't.


    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 433
    #4

    Re: Correct Grammar?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    If this is a slogan, it needs to be short and snappy:

    Under stress? Make friends, not smoke.

    Forget all your worries - your friends will help but a cigarette won't.
    Thank you, Anglika.

    By the way, what if it's not a slogan?


    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 433
    #5

    Re: Correct Grammar?

    Quote Originally Posted by Horsa View Post
    It's strange. Perhaps, -

    To forget your worries find some good friends rather than taking up smoking.
    Thanks a ton, Horsa.

Similar Threads

  1. The Grammar and the Lexicon
    By Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim in forum Linguistics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 29-Jul-2007, 16:14
  2. Please help me correct grammar.
    By Passawee in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Mar-2007, 20:43
  3. Confused between Don't and doesn't
    By MariaElena Shetler in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-Mar-2007, 23:36
  4. Correct Grammar
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-Sep-2004, 09:28
  5. correct grammar
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-Feb-2004, 23:45

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •