1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Reading

Dear Forum;
    I am a new memder of this site. I am preparing myself for TOEFL & GRE. I have some problems about my reading. That is,
    1) sometimes I need to reread the lenghty scentences for 2-3 times to understand the meaning
    2) sometimes I understand the meaning of every words of the scentences but can figure out the meaning of the scentences as a whole
    3) sometimes I can not link the previous idea given by the author to the next idea; it seems to me contradictory, or I fail to understand the tone of the writer(when written ironically, metaphorically)
    4) sometimes I feel confusion about whether the writer's scentence structure is correct or not
    5) sometimes, I fail to get the structure of the lengthy scentences
    Sincerely,
    TITO

Re: Reading

Welcome to the club Tito! I was born in England, learned English in school and have studied the language for years, and have precisely the same problems. Keep at it and things will become clearer as you go on.

Quote Originally Posted by mohdshh View Post
    Dear Forum;
    I am a new memder of this site. I am preparing myself for TOEFL & GRE. I have some problems about my reading. That is,
    1) sometimes I need to reread the lenghty scentences for 2-3 times to understand the meaning
    2) sometimes I understand the meaning of every words of the scentences but can figure out the meaning of the scentences as a whole
    3) sometimes I can not link the previous idea given by the author to the next idea; it seems to me contradictory, or I fail to understand the tone of the writer(when written ironically, metaphorically)
    4) sometimes I feel confusion about whether the writer's scentence structure is correct or not
    5) sometimes, I fail to get the structure of the lengthy scentences
    Sincerely,
    TITO

Sentences

That is all a part of learning a new language. You must be persistent and keep on trying. You are very welcome to post questions about sentences you do not understand and ask for help.

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Thank you all for your advice.