Will or does

I think that the new company_______ very well
    a_ does
    b) will do
    Each answer seems reasonable to me. If we choose a, we mean that the new company has just opened they does very well. If we choose the others, we mean that we reckon the new company which never opened before can do very well in future, don't we?
    So how about this sentence:
    Alan has been invited to work for a new company to produce for business. Everyone thinks that it ______ very well.
    a) does
    b) will do

I don't know what it here refers to, so I'm lost and confused whether to make the perfect choice.

Re: Will or does

Quote Originally Posted by belly_ttt View Post
    I think that the new company_______ very well
    a_ does
    b) will do
    Each answer seems reasonable to me. If we choose a, we mean that the new company has just opened they does very well. If we choose the others, we mean that we reckon the new company which never opened before can do very well in future, don't we? Yes - your logic is fine.
    So how about this sentence:
    Alan has been invited to work for a new company to produce for business. Everyone thinks that it ______ very well.
    a) does
    b) will do

I don't know what it here refers to, so I'm lost and confused whether to make the perfect choice. Here you are governed by the fact that Alan has been asked to join a new company, but it has not yet started to do business, so it must be in the future.

Sorry, the sentence should be: Alan has been invited to work for a new company to produce software for business

Still applies - he has not yet actually joined the company, only been asked to do so, so any benefit is in the future.