1. Lovely Star Pupil

Question The usage of and with a noun and adjective

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi teachers!
    Please read the follwoing paragraph and let me know if the connection of two words MUSLIM IDENTITY AND PROUD OF... correct? If not, make the correction please and also see the capitaliztion, punctuations and some other technical mistakes including writing style or manner or standard English because this introduction will be published by an Educational Organization for parents and others and I'll be the sole responsible for all the mistakes or errors.
    " The Yaqeen System of Education is uniquely designed & developed by the experts in response to today's demands of global and knowledge based society that necessitates a Muslims youth - Male & Female, to enter and excel, *competently, * equipped with the best World class Contempopary Knowledge, harmonized with Islamic Values, Culture, Belief, Practice and knowledge of "ILM-E-NABUWAT", Laced with Muslim Identity and Proud of their Islamic heritage."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: The usage of and with a noun and adjective

Some suggestions:
    the experts- I wouldn't use the article unless we know which experts you are talking about
    today's demands - the demands of today's...
    necessitates a Muslims youth- enables young Muslims
    Contempopary - contemporary (though why not up-to-date)
    Belief- beliefs

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Question Re: The usage of and with a noun and adjective

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Some suggestions:
    the experts- I wouldn't use the article unless we know which experts you are talking about
    today's demands - the demands of today's...
    necessitates a Muslims youth- enables young Muslims
    Contempopary - contemporary (though why not up-to-date)
    Belief- beliefs

Dear Tdol, what about the question ( words) which seemed to have specially been asked in this thread i.e. laced with Muslim identity and Proud of their heritage?
    I, too, want to know if the connection of a noun (identity) with an adjective ( proud) with the conjunction "and" is correct? I think "and" only joins two things of a same kind, type etc. but a noun and an adjective is not of a same kind. Are they?
    Looking forward to your informative answer
    Regards!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: The usage of and with a noun and adjective

The connection here is between 'laced' and 'proud', rather than 'identity'. Also, how about 'imbued' instead of 'laced'?