3Qs

I would like to ask native speakers of English the three questions.

#1 Japanese who stay at the office tend to delay their departure until every one is done working to avoid disturbing the harmony of the group.

I can’t understand the grammatical relationship of working. Does that part mean “every one has done working (working is the object of done)” or “working to avoid”…..(working is a present participle?

#2 (do, the, think, global awarenesses, are, what, some of, you) which can help to build our global community? The quiz is to put the words in the parenthesis into the correct order.
    I think “ (What do you think are some of the global awarenesses) which can help to build our global community?” is correct but I would like to make sure the position of are.

#3 This is the time when people are able to bring about reconciliation through dialogue and consultation for resolution, peace and unity.

I would like to know the relation of the word reconciliation, dialogue and consultation in the sentence. I mean whether reconciliation and consultation are the objects of bring about connected by and, or dialogue and consultation are the objects of the preposition through?

I think it is the former but I’m not sure.

Thank you very much.

Re: 3Qs

Quote Originally Posted by Progress View Post
    I would like to ask native speakers of English the three questions.

#1 Japanese who stay at the office tend to delay their departure until every one is done working to avoid disturbing the harmony of the group.

I can’t understand the grammatical relationship of working. Does that part mean “every one has done working (working is the object of done)” or “working to avoid”…..(working is a present participle? Paraphrase it = "has finished working".

#2 (do, the, think, global awarenesses, are, what, some of, you) which can help to build our global community? The quiz is to put the words in the parenthesis into the correct order.
    I think “ (What do you think are some of the global awarenesses) which can help to build our global community?” is correct but I would like to make sure the position of are. It looks fine to me.

#3 This is the time when people are able to bring about reconciliation through dialogue and consultation for resolution, peace and unity.

I would like to know the relation of the word reconciliation, dialogue and consultation in the sentence. I mean whether reconciliation and consultation are the objects of bring about connected by and, or dialogue and consultation are the objects of the preposition through? "reconciliation" is the object of "bring about", "dialogue and consultation" are related to "through".

I think it is the former but I’m not sure.

Thank you very much.

Re: 3Qs

Thank you very much, Anglika.