• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

you're overdue

Could anyone explain the following expressions in bold in easy English?

1. "When was the last time you went for a walk in the woods?" he asked.
    "It's been awhile. Probably about 10 years. Back when the kids were younger, we used to go camping once or twice a year with some friends, and we always had a good time being outdoors and milling around the campfire."
    "Then you're overdue. Let's head out back."

2. "Honey, remember when we got married? We talked about how there were going to be good times and bad times and that during the bad times, we couldn't bail. I know times are tough now. You're out of a job...........

In the above, I'm not sure of the structure of the sentence, and the meaning of "bail." Does it mean "escape from"?

Thank you.

Re: you're overdue

Quote Originally Posted by unpakwon View Post
    Could anyone explain the following expressions in bold in easy English?

1. "When was the last time you went for a walk in the woods?" he asked.
    "It's been awhile. Probably about 10 years. Back when the kids were younger, we used to go camping once or twice a year with some friends, and we always had a good time being outdoors and milling around the campfire."
    "Then you're overdue. Let's head out back."

He is telling the person that it is time for the person to re-experience the fun he/she had 10 years ago when his/her children were younger.
    2. "Honey, remember when we got married? We talked about how there were going to be good times and bad times and that during the bad times, we couldn't bail. I know times are tough now. You're out of a job...........

In the above, I'm not sure of the structure of the sentence, and the meaning of "bail." Does it mean "escape from"?

yes, during bad times many people give up (bail out...like a parachutist leaving a plane). He is reminding her how when they got married, they said they would work through these crises side-by-side and not give up.

Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Re: you're overdue

I see. You've been a big help.

Thanks a million.