1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

please reply very quickly

please give an examples of a formal letter to my school principle asking him/her of more school activities,by mention types of activities and in what way these activities will affect me?

Re: please reply very quickly

Welcome to the forums.

Your principal will want to know what these activities are, how many people will attend or take part, and who is to organise them.

This is your assignment - you write it, post it here and then we will be able to advise you.

Look here for how to write a letter: AskOxford: Letter Writing
    Last edited by Anglika; 30-Oct-2007 at 01:55.

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner

this is my letter i would be appreciate if u would mind correct it properly(language grammar,more vocabulary u can add it to it if u can..&thank u)

Dear Dr.laila,
    my name is malak i am in grade 9,i am suggesting on this letter if you would kindly agree on what i am asking for.
    I see that the school persuits is insufficient and from the misfortune that our school is very small but i am thinking that we can make drama classes,playing any of the musical instruments,visiting at least every month temples,ancient museum,going out for a discoveringtrip so we can increase our knowledge.
    Giving us the permissionfor watching out championships,riding horses,visiting the country side and see how peoplelive there?
    why we cant visit factories,by choosing the sectors we wil be voting for?,visiting alexandria library for reading.
    all these things can make us think,use our minds,our imagination,discovering things we didnt know before,more worker,intelligent & more deft.
    I would be grateful if you would take the matter in serious concideration,thank you for your kind co-operation.
    faithfully,
    malak
    plz these are my ideas u can add vocab.correct langu.add moreideas & reply me back for a new letter if u mind help ur small sister to pass the IGCSE examination

Quote Originally Posted by malokty View Post
    this is my letter i would be appreciate if u would mind correct it properly(language grammar,more vocabulary u can add it to it if u can..&thank u)

Dear Dr.laila,
    My name is Malak. I am in grade 9. I am suggesting on this letter if you would kindly agree on what I am asking for. [In this letter I have some suggestions I would like you to consider]
    I see that the school pursuits is insufficient and from the misfortune that our school is very small but I am thinking [think] that we can make drama classes, playing [play] any of the musical instruments, visiting [visit] at least every month ancient temples and museums, going [go] out for a discovering trip so we can increase our knowledge.
    Giving us the permission for watching out championships, riding horses, visiting the country side and see how people live there?
    Why we can't [Perhaps we can] visit factories, by choosing the sectors we will be voting for?[What do you mean here?], visiting [or visit] Alexandria Library for reading.
    All these things can make us think, use our minds, our imagination, discovering things we didn't know before, more worker, intelligent and more deft.
    I would be grateful if you would take the matter into serious consideration. Thank you for your kind co-operation.
    Your sincerely
    Malak
    plz these are my ideas u can add vocab.correct langu.add moreideas & reply me back for a new letter if u mind help ur small sister to pass the IGCSE examination
    Please use proper English when writing your posts, not textspeak.

Basic problems -

Proper names take capital letters.
    First person pronoun is always "I" [capital letter]
    Always put one space after punctuation.
    Make sure you put a space between each word.

Suggestions in blue. You have started out quite well but your verb tenses are not correct. You do not need the present participle but rather the present tense.