Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Channard Guest

    UK: Query regards getting into teaching English as a SL.

    I'm thinking of getting into teaching English as a Second Language - I'm in the UK, and there are a bunch of courses including CELTA and some TEFL courses. I know these are accepted overseas, but I was wondering if these are any use inside the UK. Is it possible - or probable - that I could get a teaching position teaching English as a Second Language in the UK, with only the CELTA/TEFL courses? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Tdol is offline Editor,
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    It depends where- in private schools and some colleges, it may well be enough, but there is also more competition and some will want the Diploma, etc. However, a lot depends on timing- if they need someone...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts