Good Ol' and other expressions

On some super star ish
    Pushin hot bugatti whips
    Rockin new designer fits
    We can do it if you wit it

I'd really like to know about this expressions, what they really mean in this context.

2. "Good Ol'"

My second question is about the expression Good Ol'. I'd like to know all the possible meanings for that.

Thankyou very much!

Re: Good Ol' and other expressions

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo_bs View Post
    On some super star ish
    Pushin hot bugatti whips
    Rockin new designer fits

I'd really like to know about this expressions, what they really mean in this context.

2. "Good Ol'"

My second question is about the expression Good Ol'. I'd like to know all the possible meanings for that.

Thankyou very much!
    Welcome to the forums.

An important thing to remember is that the context of a word or phrase can tell you much. Please provide the full contexts for your questions.

If the first is a rap song, then I doubt if anyone will be able to explain except the rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

An important thing to remember is that the context of a word or phrase can tell you much. Please provide the full contexts for your questions.

If the first is a rap song, then I doubt if anyone will be able to explain except the rapper.
    Hello Anglika, thanks for your reply.
    In the first case, it is not really a rap, but I'd just like to know if it make sense in english, and if the answer is yes, I'd like to know the best meanings to the words in bold.

About Good Ol', the phrase is: "Get some of that ol you know, good ol', good ol'"

I hope you can help me.

Waiting for answers and thankyou again!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

This is much more difficult than I first thought. I am familiar with these speech patterns, but I have difficulty translating them into a form that a non-English speaker can understand.

On some super star ish
    Pushin hot bugatti whips
    Rockin new designer fits

The general sense of this is about spending large amounts of money on flashy items to show off.

"Ol" is a shortened form of old and in your examples means familiar. "Good Ol" would be something familiar and enjoyable.

"Get some of that ol you know, good ol', good ol'"

In that example I think the writer means "sex".

Almost all lyrics in popular (i.e. hip-hop and rap) music are about sex, violence, drugs and money.

Quote Originally Posted by mykwyner View Post
    This is much more difficult than I first thought. I am familiar with these speech patterns, but I have difficulty translating them into a form that a non-English speaker can understand.

On some super star ish
    Pushin hot bugatti whips
    Rockin new designer fits

The general sense of this is about spending large amounts of money on flashy items to show off.

"Ol" is a shortened form of old and in your examples means familiar. "Good Ol" would be something familiar and enjoyable.

"Get some of that ol you know, good ol', good ol'"

In that example I think the writer means "sex".

Almost all lyrics in popular (i.e. hip-hop and rap) music are about sex, violence, drugs and money.
    Thankyou very much!

Is it Britney's song? If so, I think the last one should be "wish it", not "wit it"

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

These are lyrics from Britney Spears' new song "Freakshow," which is all about her (and her girlfriends) getting down and dirty on the dance floor, and dancing on tabletops in the club, wearing flashy new designer clothes and perhaps even "doing the nasty" with some guy right there in front of God and everyone.

On some super star ish
    Pushin hot bugatti whips
    Rockin new designer fits
    I'll take a stab at some of the slang here.

ish = like, superstarish = like a super star.

Bugatti whips. Bugatti is an expensive sports car. Whips are accessories. Bugatti whips = expensive accessories (could be jewelry, cars, or anything expensive).

designer fits -- I assume fits means clothes. Designer clothes implies fashionable clothes. So, designer fits would be fashionable clothes.

How's that?

Hello Anglika, thanks for your reply.
    In the first case, it is not really a rap, but I'd just like to know if it make sense in english, and if the answer is yes, I'd like to know the best meanings to the words in bold.

About Good Ol', the phrase is: "Get some of that ol you know, good ol', good ol'"

I hope you can help me.

Waiting for answers and thankyou again!
    Britney Spears Lyrics = a study of the English