Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91
  1. #1

    What about group discussions!

    Dear everybody,
    I have a suggestion, and I am really interested in telling it. What about making a reading sessions? One of the teachers can suggest a short story and ask us to do an assignment on it. Like, asking us to rewrite it in our own words, some old words and we can find their roots, rewrite an old poem in new version. I think it would be very important for us to search some old words and to know their contemporary usage. I was thinking in improving our searching methods, Language skills, correcting our own mistakes. I was thinking of making it a weekly or a monthly assingment, because it will give the members the chance to finish it and the busy teachers to correct it. :wink:
    I hope to know your idea about it.
    Latoof. :D

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,008
    #2
    Sounds like a good idea- give me an hour or two to mull it over.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,008
    #3
    I'll try to think of something tomorrow- it's very late here and time for my bed.

  2. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    I'll try to think of something tomorrow- it's very late here and time for my bed.
    Good night,
    Whenever you will be ready, just consider that it will be better if you will use stories or poems of 2/3 pages.
    Thank you.

  3. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,551
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Latoof
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    I'll try to think of something tomorrow- it's very late here and time for my bed.
    Good night,
    Whenever you will be ready, just consider that it will be better if you will use stories or poems of 2/3 pages.
    Thank you.
    Do you mean 2 to 3 pages?

    I have an assigment for you. Write a short story of 500 words or less. It can be about anything. It can be a true story or it can be fiction. You have a week.

    :wink:

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,008
    #6
    How about an autobiography of the same length?

  4. cherish
    Guest
    #7
    That's a good idea, I'm waiting for the first story of yours, our teachers!!!!!!!!

  5. #8

    Wait for it!

    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Quote Originally Posted by Latoof
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    I'll try to think of something tomorrow- it's very late here and time for my bed.
    Good night,
    Whenever you will be ready, just consider that it will be better if you will use stories or poems of 2/3 pages.
    Thank you.
    Do you mean 2 to 3 pages?

    I have an assigment for you. Write a short story of 500 words or less. It can be about anything. It can be a true story or it can be fiction. You have a week.

    :wink:
    Yes, I meant 2 to 3 pages!
    Ok, I hope you will enjoy the story when you will read it.
    But, is not a week a very long time? :D

  6. #9

    I will do it!

    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    How about an autobiography of the same length?
    What a nice idea!
    Be ready to read it. And as I said to RonBee, I hope you will enjoy it.
    So, both of you wait your pieces of writing by the next two days. :D


    • Join Date: May 2004
    • Posts: 727
    #10
    Eagerly anticipating your bios :wink:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Ways To Search For Discussions
    By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-May-2004, 23:27
  2. Group competition
    By marta in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2004, 18:30
  3. when addressing a group....
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-Jan-2004, 18:23
  4. Vocabulary Development Strategies Discussion Group
    By will mcculloch in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-Nov-2003, 16:55

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •