Ready for the CPE?

Hello,
    I'd like to ask you a question. I've applied for the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, and it's one month left until I have the exam. I've only started going to classes three weeks ago and the other students in my course are preparing for the exam in June. But because of special circumstances I have to do the CPE as soon as possible. It's just so much material to study and I'm starting to realize that I might have overevaluated myself. My english is pretty good, but definitely not perfect. I'd like to know what you think - could I pass the exam? Are there any real chances for me? I know you won't be able to judge my english level only by this mail, but maybe you've heard of cases similar to mine? I'd also like to know on what I should focus on: What are the most important things I should study? Thank you very much for your help. Regards, Emma

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Ready for the CPE?

I would focus purely on the exam itself and do as much exam practice as possible. It is a tricky exam and learning the pitfalls is essential.

Thank you. Has someone ever heard of somebody who passed the CPE with no or very little preparation? It's not my case for I am studying, I'm just curious. Thanks.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

It is possible, though I would say normally not without getting to know the exam. If you gave the exam to a native speaker who had never seen it, they would find some parts tricky.