Please again help me to paraphrase...

please help me and explain the underlying sentences for me.

Like most people' I'm a bit wary of car advertisement. Whether they're Audi's or anyone else's.
    So when I bought an Audi 100LS, I decided to check the results I got against the claims they made.
    We've been together now for 100,000 miles, and I have kept a full record of everything I've spent on my car.
    Right down to the car wax and the polishing cloths.
    And I can only say that, in my experience, the people at Audi were guilty of gross understatement.
    They claim that the Audi 100 is remarkably economical.
    But nowhere do they tell you that it gives almost 32mpg overall, which is what I've averaged over the past five years. I haven't, by the way, been driving as though I was in Total Economy Run. My 100,000 miles include 2,000 pulling a caravan.
    Also the paraphrasing of this part was not correct. Please again explain for me.
    They came a little closer to the truth when they said that the Audi 100 is reliable.
    This is the text that I sent last week and now I want to add some more sentences for paraphrasing.
    Please paraphrase the underlined parts.

Even in last twelve months, including petrol, oil, servicing, spares, tax, insurance, and everything except depreciation, it has cost me only 3.16p a mile.
    When I told the people at Audi, they didn't believe me at first. Then they went through my figures with fine tooth comb. Then told me that it was less than Autocar's Long Term Road Test figure for the Renault 5.
    And now they tell me that their 1976 model is an improvement on mine.
    Last edited by hedy; 07-Nov-2007 at 18:24.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Please again help me to paraphrase...

(I haven't, by the way, been driving as though I was in Total Economy Run. My 100,000 miles include 2,000 pulling a caravan.)

Speaking is more informal than writing, and this sentence is more like speaking -- very informal.

I have not, you know, driven this car in a way that gives me the most miles per gallon of gas. I drove 2,000 of the 100,000 with a heavy trailer attached to the car.

The speaker is suggesting that pulling a heavy trailer will give you lower miles per gallon of gas.

Re: Please again help me to paraphrase...

Thanks for your reply. But I know the meaning u said and I want to know about Total Economy Run that why is written with capital letter and what does it mean?