1. Unregistered

Mr

I need to write a business letter as landlord to tenant. The addressees are two ladies and I obviously know their names. I normally communicate with one of them in the form "Dear Ms. xxx", but this needs to be addressed to both as it is of a legal nature. I would address a letter to two men as "Dear Messrs. X and Y" in similar circumstances, but don't know the appropriate form for this situation. Can you help me?

Re: Mr

Hi...yes, I think I can. The opening line should be "Dear Mesdames," Originally from french, and very informal, but it sounds as if that's exactly what you want. By the way, you should sign off with "Yours Faithfully" Since you don't know their names.
    Moggy

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I need to write a business letter as landlord to tenant. The addressees are two ladies and I obviously know their names. I normally communicate with one of them in the form "Dear Ms. xxx", but this needs to be addressed to both as it is of a legal nature. I would address a letter to two men as "Dear Messrs. X and Y" in similar circumstances, but don't know the appropriate form for this situation. Can you help me?
    As you know the names of each person, you address each person by name as follows:

Dear Ms xxxx and Ms yyyy,

ending: Yours sincerely.

Whoops! Sorry...totally misread the original post!

Easily done on a computer screen!