Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Great Britain
      • Current Location:
      • Great Britain

    • Join Date: Nov 2007
    • Posts: 1

    Question A word that describes...?

    Is there a collective word that describes such expressions as namby-pamby, tutti-fruitti, curley-wurley, silly-billy, wishy-washy, and so on?

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 175

    Re: A word that describes...?

    Yes Addis there is, and that word is "Reduplication"

Similar Threads

  1. Vocabulary
    By huda23 in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-Aug-2008, 22:38
  2. The misused word--absolute
    By pljames in forum Text Analysis and Statistics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-Dec-2007, 23:19
  3. word or the word?
    By joham in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-Dec-2007, 08:24
  4. A word that describes the following machine
    By morning in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2006, 06:37
  5. Please - what word describes "Three Times Per Year"
    By ranieri71 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-Jul-2005, 23:44


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts