• Native Language:
      • Czech
      • Home Country:
      • Czech Republic
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Question how do you say it?

Hello,
    Im not sure if there is any adjective in English to express that a building site is connected to all utility lines (electricity, water, gas and so on), herewith all connecting lines have been paid by municipality, i.e town has invested some money to make this site more interesting for possible buyer. Thanks for any advice,

Marketa

Re: how do you say it?

Quote Originally Posted by jirickova View Post
    Hello,
    Im not sure if there is any adjective in English to express that a building site is connected to all utility lines (electricity, water, gas and so on), herewith all connecting lines have been paid by municipality, i.e town has invested some money to make this site more interesting for possible buyer. Thanks for any advice,

Marketa
    We say that a building site is "fully serviced" if it has all utilities. I am not sure if you mean that the municipality is paying for the use of these utilities (your normal monthly bill) or that they paid for the installation of the utilities but the buyer pays for their use. We don't have a word per se for the former.

We could say this as far as installation goes

The building site is fully serviced with all utilities.

The municipality has fully serviced the building site with all utilities.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

You could say "the building site is fully furnished with all utilities," but it is not common usage in the US. Here it is presumed that any building for sale is fully equipped with electricity, running water, gas, etc, so there really is no common, all-inclusive expression to indicate such. Sometimes the seller will indicate "building completely renovated in 1985 (or whatever year)" or "all electric and plumbing up to code" to indicate that the electric wiring has been updated and any lead pipes in the plumbing have been replaced and will pass an official inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    You could say "the building site is fully furnished with all utilities," but it is not common usage in the US. Here it is presumed that any building for sale is fully equipped with electricity, running water, gas, etc, so there really is no common, all-inclusive expression to indicate such. Sometimes the seller will indicate "building completely renovated in 1985 (or whatever year)" or "all electric and plumbing up to code" to indicate that the electric wiring has been updated and any lead pipes in the plumbing have been replaced and will pass an official inspection.
    Serviced is much better than furnished. I know furnished can mean supplied with but it usually implies tables and chair stuff.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Czech
      • Home Country:
      • Czech Republic
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Naamplao View Post
    Serviced is much better than furnished. I know furnished can mean supplied with but it usually implies tables and chair stuff.
    thanks, it helped