Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Word Searcher

  1. Unregistered

    Red face Word Searcher

    Please help, need a word for a person whose rights have been taken away and put under
    jurisdiction of a attorney i.e. a person having a lot of money and property but mentally not
    capable of managing these.
    My email is

    [email protected]

    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434

    Re: Word Searcher

    There is a Power of Attorney, in which a person assigns to others the legal right to manage his or her affairs as illness or incapacity makes it impossible to do so for him/herself. The person doing this is usually called the "granter" or the "principal" or the "donor". It will depend on which country you are talking about.

    • Join Date: Jul 2007
    • Posts: 554

    Re: Word Searcher

    I seem to remember that 'a person of unsound mind' could be declared 'legally incompetent' and a 'guardian' appointed to manage his/her affairs under English Law but it's been a while since I studied law and this wasn't my area of specific interest.

Similar Threads

  1. The meaning with no word . . .
    By ScaryEders in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-May-2009, 07:15
  2. Vocabulary
    By huda23 in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-Aug-2008, 22:38
  3. The misused word--absolute
    By pljames in forum Text Analysis and Statistics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-Dec-2007, 23:19
  4. word or the word?
    By joham in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-Dec-2007, 08:24
  5. One word
    By sharath in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-Jun-2005, 16:36


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts