What do these mean?

"For the weekly docket the court jester wore his standard grab of well-used and deeply faded maroon pajamas and lavender terry-cloth shower shoes with no shocks"
    "The pajamas and shoes weren't nearly as troubling as the wig. It parted at the middle and rolled in layers downward, over his ears, with tight curls coiling off into three directions, and feel heavily onto his shoulder."
    What are the meaning of "docket"," shower shoes" and "coiling off" here?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

Re: What do these mean?

Hi belly-ttt,

docket = 1 a) a calendar of the cases awaiting action in a court
    b) a brief entry of the court proceedings in a legal case
    c) the book containing such entries
    2. a list of things to be done, an agenda
    synonymous: agenda, calendar, lineup, program, schedule, timetable

shower shoes = bathroom slippers

coiling off

coil = to wind concentric rings or spirals
    to wind into a shape resembling a coil

Regards.

V.

Quote Originally Posted by belly_ttt View Post
    "For the weekly docket the court jester wore his standard grab of well-used and deeply faded maroon pajamas and lavender terry-cloth shower shoes with no shocks"
    "The pajamas and shoes weren't nearly as troubling as the wig. It parted at the middle and rolled in layers downward, over his ears, with tight curls coiling off into three directions, and feel heavily onto his shoulder."
    What are the meaning of "docket"," shower shoes" and "coiling off" here?
    Are you sure you have typed this correctly?

Yeah, Anglika, my bad
    It must be:
    "For the weekly docket the court jester wore his standard garb of well-used and deeply faded maroon pajamas and lavender terry-cloth shower with no socks.

The pajamas and shoes weren't nearly as troubling as the wig. It parted at the middle and rolled in layers downward, over his ears, with tight curls coiling off into three directions, and fell heavily onto his shoulders."

I know the meaning of them, vil, but can you tell me the meaning of "docket" in this context?
    And in my dictionary, there was no entry such as "coil off", if it means only coil, so why the author added "off" here?

It's an odd usage of "docket" but I think it just means "for the weekly event//occasion". Perhaps there was something previously that explains its use.

As to "coil off", the author is trying to describe the way in which springy, curly hair curls up at the bottom, so the ends rise off the shoulders.