.Is it correct to say? Can you make it a better sentence?
1. Why did you pour all the chips down? "Why did you drop the chips?"
2. Who spilled or spilt all the water down? "spill" does not need "down" - it is inherent in the word "spill".
3. Why are you stoutly denying that you were/are wrong? ok, but "stoutly" not a word normally used now in this context. Can you find another.
4. I sat with awe when he denied his mistake. ok but "awe" is perhaps a bit strong. Alternatives= in shock/in horror/in amazement
5. I sat with awe when he copied before me without any fear. "copied from me"
6. What does indicate mean in this sentence? Please indicate the sentence.
7. Instead of retaliating on each other, you boys must make a complaint. omit "on each other" - unnecessary with the word "retaliate".
8. I will modify the answer or I will edit the answer.
9. What does the word "manipulate mean here? The answer was manipulated.
10. (Before) Prior to doing anything, kindly inform me.
11. What did you write prior to the essay?
Student or Learner