Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. angliholic's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 2,988
    #1

    Smile One more step, or you're a dead man.

    (If you take) One more step, or you're a dead man.


    Does the above sound right and make sense? Thanks.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

    • Join Date: Apr 2007
    • Posts: 4,146
    #2

    Re: One more step, or you're a dead man.

    Quote Originally Posted by angliholic View Post
    (If you take) One more step, or you're a dead man.


    Does the above sound right and make sense? Thanks.
    No, you have it backwards.
    One more step and you're a dead man.

  2. angliholic's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 2,988
    #3

    Smile Re: One more step, or you're a dead man.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2006 View Post
    No, you have it backwards.
    One more step and you're a dead man.
    Thanks, 2006.
    I know it is backwards. But the context is different:

    (I command you to take) One more step, or (if you don't follow my order) you're a dead man.


    Then does it make sense?

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

    • Join Date: Apr 2007
    • Posts: 4,146
    #4

    Re: One more step, or you're a dead man.

    Quote Originally Posted by angliholic View Post
    Thanks, 2006.
    I know it is backwards. But the context is different:

    (I command you to take) One more step, or (if you don't follow my order) you're a dead man. Well this context is diferent, and it makes sense.
    Before you said 'If you take one more step, or you're a dead man.' That made no sense.


    Then does it make sense?
    2006

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Mar 2006
    • Posts: 276
    #5

    Re: One more step, or you're a dead man.

    'You better take one more step, otherwise your hand will call for it.'

    Do you like my suggestion? If not, it won't hurt me. Anyway, thank you.

    [not a teacher]

  3. angliholic's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 2,988
    #6

    Re: One more step, or you're a dead man.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2006 View Post
    2006
    Thanks, 2006.

    Quote Originally Posted by PINKGREAT View Post
    'You better take one more step, otherwise your hand will call for it.'

    Do you like my suggestion? If not, it won't hurt me. Anyway, thank you.

    [not a teacher]
    Thanks, Pink.
    Sorry! I can't understand what the bolded part means. Could you shed more light?

Similar Threads

  1. dead
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Apr-2007, 18:14
  2. Will Continue To Share With You Guys Here
    By alykhan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-Sep-2006, 20:03
  3. Beating a Dead Horse? -- Origin
    By Scint in forum English Idioms and Sayings
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-Jul-2006, 01:18
  4. Some saying about dead cat
    By HaraKiriBlade in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-Jan-2006, 15:54
  5. These dead
    By AUTOMOON in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-Feb-2005, 18:44

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •