Do you know about "Golf"?

I am a layman. So, does anyone tell me what the underlied expressions are all about?
    "Tina, a junior squad member of the Hong Kong Golf Association, nailed the aces on the second and seventh holes of the Executive Nine par-three layout. "

"Facing uncharted territory after the first hole-in-one, Mrs Lau called the clubhouse on her mobile phone and asked officials what she should do."

"Despite her feat, there have been no celebrations for Tiana, a student at Chinese International School. Her parents want to keep her feet firmly on the ground."

Incidentally, is there any online reference/glossary about golf?

Thank you all.
    Last edited by alal6375; 29-Nov-2007 at 03:57.

Re: Do you know about "Golf"?

An "ace" is a hole-in-one. You hit the ball just once and it goes in the cup.
    An executive Nine par-3 layout is a nine hole course and every hole is par 3.
    "Facing uncharted territory" is not really a golf term you will see this other places. It means a situation that you have not been in before.
    "Her parents want to keep her feet firmly on the ground" is also not a golfing term but means to be morally conservative. Incidentally, all parents want their daughters to be well grounded

Golf glossary here: Glossary & Dictionary of Golf

I hope this helps

Re: Do you know about "Golf"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi_there_Carl View Post
    An "ace" is a hole-in-one. You hit the ball just once and it goes in the cup.
    An executive Nine par-3 layout is a nine hole course and every hole is par 3.
    "Facing uncharted territory" is not really a golf term you will see this other places. It means a situation that you have not been in before.
    "Her parents want to keep her feet firmly on the ground" is also not a golfing term but means to be morally conservative. Incidentally, all parents want their daughters to be well grounded

Golf glossary here: Glossary & Dictionary of Golf

I hope this helps
    It really helps, thank you.