Topics- meanings

Hey, I'm Gena and I'm from Portugal, I am not a student , I am 43 years old and work in a German multinational, ans have this document to translate into english but I'm having some dificulties with the grammar.

Is it possible to anyone to gieve a look and explain what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks

Text:

People are becoming increasingly aware of a medical condition known as narcolepsy, which causes sufferers to fall asleep anywhere at any time of the day. I is not just __their______ own safety __that__ is at risk. __A_ man, who worked as a builder, fell asleep at the top of a ladder and could easily have fallen and killed both __him__ and anyone passig by.

For years, they had any idea what caused narcolepsy, and nearly that sufferers were given drugs which had serious side effects. Recently, however, researchers at Standford University and the University of Texas have come to the conclusion that the problem is due to an insufficient quantity o a chemical called orexin in the brain. Because this discovery has led to is the development of a new drug which appears to have no side effects at all.

Neither group _______ researchers has been slow to realise the potential of _______ a drug. Not only would it help narcoleptics, but it could be used to help certain groups of workers, _both______surgeons and soldiers, to stay awake. The very latest trials, carried out on a group of young volunteers, have even shown that, in addition, the drug can improve many other aspects of mental functioning, including memory.

Re: Topics- meanings

Quote Originally Posted by Gena Trigo View Post
    Hey, I'm Gena and I'm from Portugal, I am not a student , I am 43 years old and work in a German multinational, and have this document to translate into English but I'm having some difficulties with the grammar.

Is it possible for anyone to take a look and explain what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks

Text:

People are becoming increasingly aware of a medical condition known as narcolepsy, which causes sufferers to fall asleep anywhere at any time of the day. It is not just __their______ own safety __that__ is at risk. __A_ man who worked as a builder fell asleep at the top of a ladder and could easily have fallen and killed both __himself__ and anyone passing by.

For years, they had any doctors had no/no-one had any idea what caused narcolepsy, and nearly that [delete - not necessary] sufferers were given drugs which had serious side effects. Recently, however, researchers at Stanford University and the University of Texas have come to the conclusion that the problem is due to an insufficient quantity of a chemical called orexin in the brain. Because this discovery has led to is This discovery has led to the development of a new drug which appears to have no side effects at all.

Neither group ____of___ researchers has been slow to realise the potential of ____such___ a drug. Not only would it help narcoleptics, but it could be used to help certain groups of workers, _both______such as surgeons and soldiers, to stay awake. The very latest trials, carried out on a group of young volunteers, have even shown that, in addition, the drug can improve many other aspects of mental functioning, including memory.