A question on the use of modals and the present tense

Dear teachers, I would like to know whether the following sentences are correct. Is it correct to use the modals here instead of the present tense? If yes, what are the differences between them?

Mr. A, what would it be if there was one thing that you could suggest parents should do right now which would make a difference with their children?
    Was there any effective way to prevent our parents from reverting to the old way of communicating with their chrildren?

After the seminar tonight, I think I would handle this habit of mind and listen to my child's concerns. However, I would also like to know how to make her talk to me in the first place?

Thanks for helping.

Re: A question on the use of modals and the present tense

The phrasing is awkward...

Try these...

Mr. A, what is the single most important thing that you suggest parents should do, right now, which would make a difference with their children?

Is there any effective way to prevent our parents from reverting to their old ways of communicating with their children?

After the seminar tonight, I think I would have listened to my child's concerns. However, I would also like to know how to get my child to talk to me in the first place.