I don't get the meaning of this paragraph

" While Sky took a quiet pride in the fact that the BBC wanted to sign up its star, its annoyance at losing Barker was understandable. It had allowed the BBC to have her for the tennis season and offered a half- and- half arrangement when the BBC wanted to sign her full time- but the BBC was not interested. Sam Chisholm, Sky's chief executive, decided to take legal action."
    What is a half-and-half arragement? (50/50 for money or for the time they have her, I mean, they could both have her for half of the time?)
    I still don't understand. Do they mean " First they say it had allowed BBC to have her for the tennis season and offered a half and half arragement, but the BBC just want to have her for the tennis season and said no to the aggrement"? So, why did Sam Chisholm decide to take legal action? Perhaps he wanted the two conditions to becarried out at a time?

Re: I don't get the meaning of this paragraph

Essentially, the idea is that Sky and the BBC would share Barker's services and presumably the cost of employing her too.

After the season finished the BBC tried to take Barker from Sky. Sky offerred them a 50/50 deal, which the BBC turned down as they wanted her to work exclusively for them. I imagine that Chisholm decided to take legal action in an attempt to prevent the loss of Sky's employee.

Re: I don't get the meaning of this paragraph

I assume we can understand half-and-half arrangements in both ways, doesn't it?