Smile

When we write an email, we often meet "CC'' and "BCC". What do they stand for? Thanks so much.

I know there are 224 countries and regions in the world, but how many languages in the world?

Sorry, the title is wrong. It should be: What do "CC" and "BCC" stnad for?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Boat View Post
    When we write an email, we often meet "CC'' and "BCC". What do they stand for? Thanks so much.

I know there are 224 countries and regions in the world, but how many languages in the world?

Sorry, the title is wrong. It should be: What do "CC" and "BCC" stnad for?
    Google is your friend!
    Sending an Email to Multiple Recipients - Cc: and Bcc: - About Email

CC = Carbon copy

BCC = Blind carbon copy

Hope this helps you.

"carbon copy" and "blind carbon copy"

Both refer to the old method of making copies of business correspondence by using carbon paper. The terms have become accepted as a means of indicating that a copy has been sent to other people. "CC" will let the original recipient know who else has a copy. "BCC" hides that information from the original recipient.

There are approximately 6800 known spoken languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post

Both refer to the old method of making copies of business correspondence by using carbon paper. The terms have become accepted as a means of indicating that a copy has been sent to other people. "CC" will let the original recipient know who else has a copy. "BCC" hides that information from the original recipient.

Thank you, Anglika. You always give me very clear answers. Thanks so much.

Pac_man has reported a post.

Reason:
    CC stands for Circulation Copy. BCC = Blind Circulation Copy. In the world before email a business memo was circulated to the relevant audience. Hence the CC: listing those who should receive a copy for circulation.
    Forum: Ask a Teacher
    Assigned Moderators: RonBee, BobK, Barb_D, bhaisahab, emsr2d2, Rover_KE

Posted by: Silver Boat
    Original Content:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post

Thank you, Anglika. You always give me very clear answers. Thanks so much.
    In BrE, it's carbon copy, though Wikipedia suggests a couple of formulations that postdate carbon paper, but I haven't heard them used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_carbon_copy
    Last edited by bhaisahab; 22-Jul-2015 at 08:36.