Student or Learner
I am still stuck with understanding verbs ,and others parts of speech. I am learning english, by self-study at home. Can someone please give me a steer to my answers to the following questions.
Name the verb I each of the following sentences. My answers are underlined in bold.
- A still tongue makes a wise head.
- Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- Every cloud has a silver lining. (could be silver in this case)
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- Empty vessels make most sound.
- Faint heart never won a fair lady.