Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Unregistered Guest

    Use of ever and never

    Hello

    How to use "Ever" and "never" ?

    Thanks a lot for a quickest reply.

    Sincerely

    Edmilson Jr
    E/mail: edmilsonjr@uol.com.br

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28

    Re: Use of ever and never

    we generally use both of them with Present Perfect Tense.maybe their meanings are the same but there is a difference between "ever" and "never" that ever is used for questions and never is used for negative sentences. For example:

    Have you "ever" been to Paris?
    She has "never" seen a camel yet.

  3. #3
    Teia is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,953

    Re: Use of ever and never

    Quote Originally Posted by shalala View Post
    we generally use both of them with Present Perfect Tense.maybe their meanings are the same but there is a difference between "ever" and "never" that ever is used for questions and never is used for negative sentences. For example:

    Have you "ever" been to Paris?
    She has "never" seen a camel yet.
    Additionally, we can use ever in negative sentences as well:

    e.g. She hasn`t ever seen a camel.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1

    Re: Use of ever and never

    Quote Originally Posted by Teia View Post
    Additionally, we can use ever in negative sentences as well:

    e.g. She hasn`t ever seen a camel.
    Thanks a lot for your answer.

    BRGDS + have a very nice weekend

    Edmilson Jr

  5. #5
    Teia is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,953

    Re: Use of ever and never

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmilson Junior View Post
    Thanks a lot for your answer.

    BRGDS + have a very nice weekend

    Edmilson Jr
    You are most welcome any time!

    Teia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •