Question IELTS and TOFEL exams?

I do not exactly know what these exames are for?could you define them exactly and tell me how to pass them?what do I need to study to ace them?and what are their paces and differences between them?(please explain thoroughly)

Re: IELTS and TOFEL exams?

The Test Of English as a Foreign Language (or TOEFL , pronounced "toe-full") evaluates the potential success of an individual to use and understand standard American English at a college level. It is required for non-native applicants at many US and other English-speaking colleges and universities. The TOEFL is the product of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is contracted by the private, non-profit firm, the College Board to administer the test in institutions in the US; they also produce the SAT.
    The test consists of four sections:
    • Section I: Listening Comprehension
    • Section II: Structure and Written Expression
    • Section III: Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary
    • Section IV: Essay Writing

Quote Originally Posted by adele Qulipour View Post
    I do not exactly know what these exames are for?could you define them exactly and tell me how to pass them?what do I need to study to ace them?and what are their paces and differences between them?(please explain thoroughly)
    would you explain more?what do I exactly need to study to pass ToFEL?(I mean the books ,materials ...).

Quote Originally Posted by shalala View Post
    The Test Of English as a Foreign Language (or TOEFL , pronounced "toe-full") evaluates the potential success of an individual to use and understand standard American English at a college level. It is required for non-native applicants at many US and other English-speaking colleges and universities. The TOEFL is the product of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is contracted by the private, non-profit firm, the College Board to administer the test in institutions in the US; they also produce the SAT.
    The test consists of four sections:
    • Section I: Listening Comprehension
    • Section II: Structure and Written Expression
    • Section III: Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary
    • Section IV: Essay Writing
    what do I exactly need to study for acing a TOFEL?(I mean what books,materials...).

perhaps they may be useful for you

*Arco Toefl Supercourse (Supercourse for the Toefl) (Paperback)
    *Barron's How to Prepare for the Toefl Test (Audio Cassette)
    *Cambridge Preparation for the TOEFL Test [AUDIOBOOK] (Audio Cassette)