• Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

elbow crook / crook of the elbow

Dear teacher,

I would want to revive an old thread, namely the thread with the title “What do you call that body part?”.

At a matter of fact I want to offer a new name instead of this one, which was offered previously from NES.
    The original question was : “What do you call that body part opposite the elbow?”. The initially proposal was “The bend of the elbow”. Later I proposed “The curve of the elbow”. In my private opinion these designations are a little clumsy Now I am sure that the proper name have to be “crook” (elbow crook or crook of the elbow). Please see the indicated below examples:

Elbow Catch – This catch in the crook of the elbow is one such move which along with the Shoulder Trap, Neck Catch or Foot Catch will provide.a nice pause for applause in any routine.

You can tell the strength of a person by him close, when flexing the arms, the bicep head comes to the elbow crook.

Kove graps the board, and pinches the ball in his elbow crook, putting his hands together and calling a timeout before falling of.

He then forces the opponent elbow upwards, bending the arm to …… the left hand to push the opponent’s head towards the crook of the right elbow.

I caught it with the crook of my right elbow and swing around and wrapped my other arm and leg around it.

In his elbow crook is the tiny basket brimming with his hopes and dreams and ambitions.

Would you be so kind to take an attitude to this subject?

Regards.

V.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • (Afan) Oromo
      • Home Country:
      • Barbados
      • Current Location:
      • Bahrain

Re: elbow crook / crook of the elbow

Quote Originally Posted by vil View Post
    Dear teacher,

The original question was : “What do you call that body part opposite the elbow?”. The initially proposal was “The bend of the elbow”. Later I proposed “The curve of the elbow”. In my private opinion these designations are a little clumsy Now I am sure that the proper name have to be “crook” (elbow crook or crook of the elbow). Please see the indicated below examples:

Would you be so kind to take an attitude to this subject?

Regards.

V.
    I agree. But I believe "express an opinion" is more usual than "take an attitude".

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

Re: elbow crook / crook of the elbow

Hi louhevly,

I am in full agreement with your fair-spoken correction.

Thank you for your politeness.

Regards.

V.