• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

come along with

I would appreciate it if you could explain the following sentences.( the red parts. I am not sure what the author is tying to say)

As it happenes this is a book about all thougse things( such as women, emotion, school reform..), but women and children and school reform are marginalized in this society. So I come along with a lot of scientific data that says' hey, this stuff is consequential; and may be some doors are opening in our society.

Re: come along with

Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    I would appreciate it if you could explain the following sentences.( the red parts. I am not sure what the author is tying to say)

As it happens, this is a book about all thougse [????] things ( such as women, emotion, school reform..), but women and children and school reform are marginalized in this society. So I come along with a lot of scientific data that says, "Hey, this stuff is consequential; and maybe some doors are opening in our society".
    The book is discussing matters that are regarded as unimportant and irrelevant by the society concerned (such as women, emotion, and school reform).

I have found a lot of scientific data which indicates that these matters are important and have consequences, and that it is possible that there is a growing awareness of them.