or or nor?

Hi,

could you please help me with this:

He declares that its conclusion and performance are not in conflict with the deeds on the basis of which the Client’s company was established or/nor with statutory, official or contractual restrictions binding on it.

He declares that he shall not enter into any credit contracts, loan contracts or/nor other agreements.

He shall not provide any security to a third party or/nor instruct a third party to provide such security.

Thanks a lot!

Hanka
    Last edited by Hanka; 23-Jan-2008 at 16:14.

Re: or or nor?

He declares that its conclusion and performance are not in conflict with the deeds on the basis of which the Client’s company was established norwith statutory, official or contractual restrictions binding on it. [This is a "neither/ nor" situation - you can replace the "not" with "neither"].

He declares that he shall not enter into any credit contracts, loan contracts or other agreements. This is the exception as it is a list of things he shall not do.

He shall not provide any security to a third party nor instruct a third party to provide such security. [This is also a "neither/nor" situation]

Thank you very much! And what about this:

He declares that no adverse changes in its business or financial situation have occurred or/nor are threatening

He declares that he is not subject to insolvency, liquidation or bankruptcy and that insolvency, liquidation or/nor bankruptcy is threatening;

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
    Thank you very much! And what about this:

He declares that no adverse changes in its business or financial situation have occurred or/nor are threatening In my view either could be used here. I would probably opt for "or" simply because it reads more smoothly.

He declares that he is not subject to insolvency, liquidation or bankruptcy and that insolvency, liquidation or/nor bankruptcy is threatening; In this sentence I would change "or/nor" to "and", since the three dangers are linked together to "threatening", which I believe should be qualified with "not" and the "is" changed to "are".