Question Problems with tenses!

Hi! I'm writing a paper for my Master English course. I always have problems with verb tenses...please, could you help me? Maybe this piece of information could be useful: the course I attend is two semesters long; now we're in the mid-term break, so the first part is over. But the second part of the course is going to start again on March.

Could you correct these sentences, please?

1. I have been studying English for thirteen years. Over this period, my language learning experience has involved (or involved?) mainly formal education.
    2. It took me a while to find my feet in the Web 2.0 world but with a little of effort things gradually had bettered (or bettered?).
    3. I must admit that my technological skills have improved (or improved?) enormously in the last two months.
    4. The tool I enjoyed the most is (or was?) the blog.

Thank you very much!

Re: Problems with tenses!

Quote Originally Posted by Martinat View Post
    Hi! I'm writing a paper for my Master English course. I always have problems with verb tenses...please, could you help me? Maybe this piece of information could be useful: the course I attend is two semesters long; now we're in the mid-term break, so the first part is over. But the second part of the course is going to start again [on] in March.

Could you correct these sentences, please?

1. I have been studying English for thirteen years. Over this period, my language learning experience [has involved (or involved?)] beenmainly formal education.

2. It took me a while to find my feet in the Web 2.0 world but with a little [of] effort things gradually got better. had bettered (or bettered?).

3. I must admit that my technological skills have improved (or improved?) enormously in the last two months.

Either one will work, Martinat, but the present perfect is often used to show a progression over time.

4. The tool I enjoyed the most is (or was?) the blog.

Thank you very much!
    Again, here either one will work; 'is' just says that it still is called blog and 'was' focuses back on a time when you used it.

Re: Problems with tenses!

Ok, thank you very much for your kind reply!

Martina