• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Catalan
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Cool Deck and operator decks

Can a deck be considered a game console. When I read it is possible to see television through a deck, what are we talking about exactly?

If a company that is founded on games distributes to operator decks, is that meaning they subministrate to opearators working on decks? It seems operator decks should be deck operators, isn't it?

Last edited by Bushwhacker; 03-Feb-2008 at 11:22.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Catalan
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Cool Re: Deck and operator decks

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    Can a deck be considered a game console. When I read it is possible to see television through a deck, what are we talking about exactly?

If a company that is founded on games distributes to operator decks, is that meaning they subministrate to opearators working on decks? It seems operator decks should be deck operators, isn't it?

May "deck" be for "services of an operator", a "mobile" operator for instance?
    Last edited by Bushwhacker; 04-Feb-2008 at 14:19.

Re: Deck and operator decks

This seems to be a term relating to mobile/cell phones and the services offered by their operators.

Can you provide more context?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Catalan
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Cool Re: Deck and operator decks

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    This seems to be a term relating to mobile/cell phones and the services offered by their operators.

Can you provide more context?
    Yes, you are right. Taking into account what I'm reading, it seems there are some content providers who are in need of operators (I infer they are big phone companies or the like) in order to put their stuff on its decks -and it seems is very important this stuff be on top to get be seen easily and consequently users pay for enjoying their offers. So it seems decks are the main page or the like, but when talking about cell phones and mobiles I'm lost because they are not of my interest as a consumer, so I don't know what exactly is this deck where providers put their content. I'll very appreciate some information about how and what are these decks and if there is another word to mention them.

And let me profit to ask you if can an operator and a carrier (which is another word I've found when reading on that theme) be considered the same thing, since it seems they do the same thing. Or maybe are they minor operators?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by Bushwhacker; 04-Feb-2008 at 14:23.