The Advantages of Being Bilingual

Status
Not open for further replies.

lina08

Member Type
Student or Learner
In the United States of America, there are a lot of people from different parts of the world. We can find a diversity of cultural and languages. The most basic necessity for everybody is to communicate with each other. It is very important to speak two languages. There are two advantages of being bilingual. The first advantage is that you can get a better job and the second advantage is that you can translate to other people in their language.

The first reason is that you can get a better job. If someone wants to get a better lifestyle and be successful in the new place. They should communicate and speak the language. They have more opportunities to get a better job and to get a competitive salary. Some companies seek for a bilingual person it is depends of the customer’s demand.

The second advantage of speaking two languages is that you can translate for people that speak your language. This could help with many things that someone might need in every day life. For example, papers or any documents that you have to sign. You are able to translate and know what it is saying and sign with security. It also allows easier communication and better way to express your self.
In conclusion, when people come to another country and they learn the new language, it is going to be better and easier for them to adapt to the new system and their new life. They can have more opportunities in every area like personal, work environment and family.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: i need help with my essay

In the United States of America, there are a lot of people from different parts of the world.
:up:

We can find a diversity of cultural and languages.
In this country, there is a diversity of cultures and languages.
The most basic necessity for everybody is to be able to communicate with other people.

There is nothing wrong with that sentence.
:-|
It is very important to be able to speak two languages. There are two advantages to being bilingual. The first advantage is that you can get a better job and the second advantage is that you can translate to other people in their language.
Who is "you" directed to?

The first reason is that you can get a better job. If someone wants to get a better lifestyle and be successful in the new place. They should communicate and speak the language. They have more opportunities to get a better job and to get a competitive salary. Some companies seek for a bilingual person it is depends of the customer’s demand.
Try again.

The second advantage of speaking two languages is that you can translate for people that speak your language. This could help with many things that someone might need in everyday life. For example, papers or any documents that you have to sign. You are able to translate and know what it is saying and sign with security. It also allows easier communication and better way to express yourself.
:?:
In conclusion, when people come to another country and they learn the new language, it is going to be better and easier for them to adapt to the new system and their new life. They can have more opportunities in every area like personal, work environment and family.
What kinds of opportunities?

:)

namthao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello Lina08,

After reading your assay, I found two main ideas "you can get a better job" and "you can translate for people that speak your language". I want to bring up my option for the first main idea.

Knowing bilingual, you can get a better job (you can get a job easily). The United States has been built by immigrants, and it is also a great place where people from the world visit everyday. At first, immigrants and tourists can not speak English well, so people knowing bilingual are necessary for communications in some service places or companies. Nowadays, some companies hire employees with their advertisement " . . . Chinese, Spanish, Japanese . . . . speaking is preferred ", and on the competition of businesses, most of retail, merchandise and grocery stories, employees speak bilingual sometimes. They help, guide and introduce customers to their products. On airplane, after flight attendants introduce bout their airplane companies and airplane’s schedules by English to their customers, they also announce by another language that depends on their native countries. For example, in the Japanese airplane, a flight attendant announces by Japanese language after she finished English.

You may not like the details that I support the main idea, but this is the option, and I hope you have another look.

Good Luck,

Nam Thao

Status
Not open for further replies.