1. دعاء عبد العليم

what is the differance between like and love

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: vocabulary

Like = to enjoy or approve of something or someone

I like my garden.

Love = to have strong feelings of affection for another adult and be romantically and sexually attracted to them, or to feel great affection for a friend or person in your family
    I love my husband.

However, colloquially you will find that people use "love" as an emphatic form of "like" - "I love ice cream"

• Post Thanks / Like

Don't you think that you have defined 'love' in too narrow a fashion, Anglika?

Main Entry:
    1love Listen to the pronunciation of 1love
    Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English lēof dear, Latin lubēre, libēre to please
    before 12th century

1 a (1): strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2): attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3): affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b: an assurance of love <give her my love>2: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>3 a: the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love> b (1): a beloved person : darling —often used as a term of endearment (2)British —used as an informal term of address4 a: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1): the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2): brotherly concern for others b: a person's adoration of God5: a god or personification of love6: an amorous episode : love affair7: the sexual embrace : copulation

8: a score of zero (as in tennis)9capitalized Christian Science : god

• Post Thanks / Like

No - I feel the meaning is perfectly adequate, and that your expansion is merely that - expansion of the simple statement.

I take it that most new users are looking for a reasonably straightforward answer to a question of this kind. If they feel that the answer needs expanding, they will probably ask a further question.