• Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Tuvalu
      • Current Location:
      • Tuvalu

is this sentence ok?

Hi,

"Please, let me know if I can have a 2-month lease and how much it would be. Please also inform if the unit is near a subway station and if it has a private bathroom. Thank you very much."

Is the sentence above OK? The context is someone looking for an apartment for lease.

What's the difference between lease and rent?

Thanks,
    JC

Re: is this sentence ok?

Lease is a rental agreement you sign with the landlord and rent is what you pay every month.:)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Smile Re: is this sentence ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jctgf View Post
    Hi,

"Please, let me know if I can have a 2-month lease and how much it would be. Please also inform if the unit is near a subway station and if it has a private bathroom. Thank you very much."

Is the sentence above OK? The context is someone looking for an apartment for lease.

What's the difference between lease and rent?

Thanks,
    JC
    Hello

It isn't bad, and one would figure out what you meant. However, where are you searching for this? The wording would be slightly different in Canada, USA, UK, etc.

Also, your question about a private bathroom implies you are searching for a room to rent, not an apartment!! Apartments generally are expected to have private facilities.

Here (Canada) I'd word it: I am interesting in renting an apartment on a short-term basis. Is a lease term of two months available? If so, what would the rent be per month, or for the two month term? Also, is the unit located near to public transportation and/or a subway station?

There are many permutations, some are location specific, but the above will generally get the message across.

The difference between "lease" and "rent" in your context, is that "lease" is generally the agreement (on paper); "rent" is the cash paid. "Rent" can also be a verb for renting an apartment or a room. In this context, "lease" could be used, but it would sound a bit odd. You "lease" a car, not a room -- usually.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Tuvalu
      • Current Location:
      • Tuvalu

Re: is this sentence ok?

Quote Originally Posted by RedMtl View Post
    Hello

It isn't bad, and one would figure out what you meant. However, where are you searching for this? The wording would be slightly different in Canada, USA, UK, etc.

Also, your question about a private bathroom implies you are searching for a room to rent, not an apartment!! Apartments generally are expected to have private facilities.

Here (Canada) I'd word it: I am interesting in renting an apartment on a short-term basis. Is a lease term of two months available? If so, what would the rent be per month, or for the two month term? Also, is the unit located near to public transportation and/or a subway station?

There are many permutations, some are location specific, but the above will generally get the message across.

The difference between "lease" and "rent" in your context, is that "lease" is generally the agreement (on paper); "rent" is the cash paid. "Rent" can also be a verb for renting an apartment or a room. In this context, "lease" could be used, but it would sound a bit odd. You "lease" a car, not a room -- usually.
    thank you very much!
    jc