I didn't check your answers. Instead, I'll rewrite the sentence based on my native intuition and then you can check them against yours. :DOriginally Posted by whl626
1. His mother promised him a bicycle if he passed the examination.
Try, His mother promised she would buy him a bicycle if he passed the examination.
=> A bicycle was promised to him (by his mother) if he passed the examination.
2. Nobody has ever turned down such an offer.
=> Such an offer has never been turned down by anyone.
3. The bees attacked him when he accidentally disturbed their nest.
=> He was attacked by the bees when he accidentally disturbed their nest.
4. Somebody has spilt ink all over the floor. Someone must wash the floor at once.
=> Ink has been split all over the floor. The floor must be washed at once.
5. They have made my father the secretary of the Rotary Club.
=> My father has been made secretary of the Rotary Club.
6. My uncle pointed out the landmarks of the town to me.
=> The landmarks of the town were pointed out to me by my uncle.
7. Has someone paid the milkman yet ?
=> Has the milkman been paid by someone/anyone yet?
8. Did you think that that had caused it ?
=> Did you think that it was caused by that?
9. Somebody has broken the typewriter, and I can't use it anymore.
=> The typewriter has been broken, and it can't be used anymore.
10. People shouldn't speak to me as though I were a child of seven.
=> I shouldn't be spoken to by people as if I were a child of seven.
All the best,
Interested in Language