other or the others

... wıth the conclusıon of the last act the remaınder of the nıght became one to talk,or do thıngs wıth those that you had met.Whıle some were exhausted from their trıp to the conventıon .........................(the others/others)were stıll rarıng to go,and touredthe nıghtlıfe of baltımore at a place called the Power Plant Bar.
    please make a choıce ıf u are sure
    thanks ın advance

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Smile Re: other or the others

Quote Originally Posted by aydn55 View Post
    ... wıth the conclusıon of the last act the remaınder of the nıght became one to talk,or do thıngs wıth those that you had met.Whıle some were exhausted from their trıp to the conventıon .........................(the others/others)were stıll rarıng to go,and touredthe nıghtlıfe of baltımore at a place called the Power Plant Bar.
    please make a choıce ıf u are sure
    thanks ın advance
    I'm not absolutely sure what you want here. Are you quoting something, which you want to understand better, or are you writing something yourself? I'm going to presume the latter.

Thus:

With the conclusion of the last event of the day/evening, the remainder of the night became one during which one could talk, or do things with those whom one had met at the convention. While some were exhausted from their travel to the destination, others were still raring to go. Those members of the group went out to explore the nightlife of Baltimore, including a visit to the Power Plant Bar.

"Last act" would normally refer to a play at a theatre.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by RedMtl; 21-Feb-2008 at 21:12. Reason: Wasn't finished. Hit "submit" accidentally.

Re: other or the others

I M NOT WRITING OR QUOTING THIS IS JUST FROM A PASSAGE TELLING THE READERS WHAT HAPPENED I THINK .THE QUESTION IS ASROT OD CLOSE TEST AND I CANT DECIDE WHICH ONE BEST FITS INTO THE BLANK
    WE SHOULD JUST FILL IN THE BLANK USING THE OTHERS or OTHERS

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: other or the others

Quote Originally Posted by aydn55 View Post
    I M NOT WRITING OR QUOTING THIS IS JUST FROM A PASSAGE TELLING THE READERS WHAT HAPPENED I THINK .THE QUESTION IS ASROT OD CLOSE TEST AND I CANT DECIDE WHICH ONE BEST FITS INTO THE BLANK
    WE SHOULD JUST FILL IN THE BLANK USING THE OTHERS or OTHERS
    In that case, it is "others".

You do not need to write all in capitals. It is rather hard to read.

Have a good day!