Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Re: I can't do it on my own

Hi blouen..i think you usage of myself in "a little nosey myself" is a little out of context..it's more proper to use that particular phrase if you are accusing someone of being nosey as well..just a thought :)

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by NearThere View Post
    I

Hmm, that sounds sexist to me. Are you a male or female?

Awsome paragraph! You're not expecting me to make comments on it right? I wouldn't even know how to start.

Now it brings me to wonder if there's a way to sillicit help from others for opinions and suggestions, or "scrutnies" in my case. Any ideas? anyone?!

There are 3 out of the 5 that I don't know or haven't used, it's a challenge but I'll take it, just give me time. Oh by the way, mispelling is my nother name. If you see any, feel free to point out and correct.
    Oh no, it's not sexist! It's just what I have observed through critical observation, and a little reading. The "general" thing according to surveys. Well, I am just a poor boy... Sorry if it made you think of it as a little offensive.

Btw, about the spelling:
    Solicit, scrutiny(ies), awesome,

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by gdonuts View Post
    Hi blouen..i think you usage of myself in "a little nosey myself" is a little out of context..it's more proper to use that particular phrase if you are accusing someone of being nosey as well..just a thought :)
    Well, I guess that's because I'm accusing myself as a little nosey there.

of being a little nosey...lol that would be more appropriate

3. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Thanks donuts.

"Constructive criticism" is what we're looking for, at least I am.

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by NearThere View Post
    Thanks donuts.

"Constructive criticism" is what we're looking for, at least I am.
    Yup,

but I don't get what you mean, Gdonuts. Could you please state it in a more intelligible way. How about rephrasing what I've written for clarification.

Lol im sorry ..it should be..."im accusing myself of being a little nosey"..not "im accusing myself as a little nosey" i'm not so sure that it is not proper grammar but it will expose a little vulnerability on your part..if u get what i'm saying

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

I got it! thanks!

But what about that you're pointing out in the paragraph? "A little nosey myself" being out of context.

6. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Ok, there's what I've come up. Do give critism to it, I myself is a "tough-love" kind of person.

He couldn't remember the time when it became painstaking to get up every morning and go to work. Life as a whole has become a drudgery. Walking down the street would give him physical discomfort, he could feel his muscle twitch with a wierd sense of claustrophobia watching the myriad of people and cars go by, the world is closing in. Ipod is his only hope, it helps to block the world around him, to disconnect. He embraces the arcane escape, he stays a loner........

I'm not so sure about "arcane" though, oh well.

7. Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Hi There, you two appear to be getting on with it. I am glad I have been the catalyst in this situation and glad that you both enjoy the site. I do think it is a good way of picking up meanings in English that you can not find in any dictionary.

I will look at your submissions this evening and will comment on them if that is acceptable. Have either of you found out how to receive notifications when a reply has been posted? I appear to stuggle, flounder in the dark, but eventually find your replies, which I must say I look forward to.

By the way NearThere, with regard to rural and urban I was not referring to English, that is dialect. I have more of a northern dialect as I lived in Liverpool and Manchester but I am now a southerner, and as such, should speak better English, or so the southerners think!

So many youngsters in this country cannot quantify the difference between the two English words Rural and Urban. They may not be used in the States that's why I asked the question.

I will read and reply later. Bye to you both
    Keep you the good work

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last