• Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Re: I can't do it on my own

Quote Originally Posted by Stilo View Post
    Blouen

By the way how do you become a Key Member?
    It's just by the number of postsI have been a fanatic of UsingEnglish when I started. I wonder if it changed a bit. I think it did though. When I've learned a lot already for UsingEnglish, though I'm not yet satisfied, I slowed down on my posting.

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

What on earth happened to Blouen? Well, Blouen was not on Earth the weekend mates. He's up in heaven lately. I spend most of my time at church every weekend, everybody in UsingEnglish knows about that. Sorry I haven't informed you about it sooner, but now at least you know.

Stilo,
    So you'll be away for a while. We'll be missing you and your comments for sure. Is there something we could do to ENCUMBER your leave?

NearThere,
    You missed me, didn't you? Well, I'm back and staying here again till Friday ...

Ummm, for my five words:

Expendable
    Buying the latest model cellphone obviously makes Julia's other call and text gadget expendable. It'll be of no use to her anyway.

Procurement
    After evaluating all the company records, it appears that the procurement of the ten fishing vessels was hands down his best investment last year.

Surreal
    "A surreal understaking", they dubbed at Johnson's venture but with hardwork and lots of patience, he proved it to be totally attainable.

Frisk
    The guards frisked all the people entering the establishment.

Hover
    The helicopter hovered above the Maint street letting out soldiers to search the area.

3. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I'm experiencing a moral dilema.

Life darng just ain't fair!

Some people are on vacation (and for goodness sake, 2 week!) while others are to continue with work. I'm green with envy. But the same time, considering what he/she has done for us, a vacation is probably well-deserved. Alright, we'll continue our usual life like reading, seeking new words (like it's hard), making up sentences...etc. Wow, how exciting.

Blouen,

So you're a man of religion, I respect that. Glad you're back. Those are some words, I knew I could always learn from you. "porcurement", hmm........

So what are we to do while Stilo is away? Who's to check our homework? It's evil to expect Stilo to do it while on vacation. Shall we take a break too and let the thread go dormant or what? Or should we just keep "shooting birds in the sky" (is there a phrase like that to mean keeping up a conversation with trivial topics and such like the weather?) until Stilo comes back? What do you think?

4. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Funny, Blouen, I missed this:

We'll be missing you and your comments for sure. Is there something we could do to ENCUMBER your leave?
    Cool deal, I have to come up with something wisecracked like that for Stilo. When the teacher is away, let's have some fun!!

Evil!........................

5. Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

You two behave, you are like two naughty schoolkids!! I am still around for now, and whilst I may not have time to check any work, I will be keeping a close eye on you two!!!!!. My brother does have a PC, and I would miss checking the site.

How very strange that, at this stage of our conversations,Blouen, you used the word procurement. My brother used to be Head of Procurement for a Gas and Oil Company in the Middle East. Shame that NearThere could not spell it ===porcurement? He was in charge of agreeing tenders from contractors hoping to supply the company with equipment etc

Sorry I didn't know your whereabouts at the weekends, but doesn't it give your ego a boost to know that we both missed you. I am pleased that, from your comments, I will be missed also, it means that I have not been wasting any of our time.

I will look at the rest of your words later Blouen, as I have just come in from doing a bit of last minute holiday shopping, and need to put my feet up!

See you later .

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Smile Re: I can't do it on my own

Quote Originally Posted by Stilo View Post
    You two behave, you are like two naughty schoolkids!! I am still around for now, and whilst I may not have time to check any work, I will be keeping a close eye on you two!!!!!. My brother does have a PC, and I would miss checking the site.

How very strange that, at this stage of our conversations,Blouen, you used the word procurement. My brother used to be Head of Procurement for a Gas and Oil Company in the Middle East. Shame that NearThere could not spell it ===porcurement? He was in charge of agreeing tenders from contractors hoping to supply the company with equipment etc

Sorry I didn't know your whereabouts at the weekends, but doesn't it give your ego a boost to know that we both missed you. I am pleased that, from your comments, I will be missed also, it means that I have not been wasting any of our time.

I will look at the rest of your words later Blouen, as I have just come in from doing a bit of last minute holiday shopping, and need to put my feet up!

See you later .
    It surely did, Stilo. Actually, I know how it feels to wait for somebody to show up-- when actually he's gone for two long days -- and didn't even leave a message where he was.

And you? Of course we'll be missing you. There's still a lot to discuss here -- two's a company and three's a crowd. But we like this place/thread crowded...

Oh, did you see me use ENCUMBER in one of my sentences? Did you see it? Did you see it?

7. Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Cool Re: I can't do it on my own

Hi Blouen I certainly did see Mr Encumber, Mr Procurement is a good pal too, got a feeling that they will stick around for awhile.

By the way the saying is "Two's company, three's a crowd" better the shortened version. In our case three is not a crowd!
    Speak later mate, things to do, people to see......packing to do. Hah Hah

8. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I have this uneasy feeling that people are talking behind my back.

Shame that NearThere could not spell it ===porcurement?
    I'm easily influenced by outside happenings (is this sentence even right?). I was unfocused that morning. I had a great meal of "pork" chops the day before and was thinking maybe I'd make some myself, and "cure" is a way of processing meat, therefore "porkcurement". But I guess this word has nothing to do with neither. I was dead wrong.

At least I'm learning something everyday here. I am teachable. Don't give up hopes on me.

Stilo's comment for Blouen:

Sorry I didn't know your whereabouts at the weekends, but doesn't it give your ego a boost to know that we both missed you.
    I bet my behind it did!!

Blouen: Oh, did you see me use ENCUMBER in one of my sentences? Did you see it? Did you see it?
    Another ego boost!

Stilo: I am pleased that, from your comments, I will be missed also, it means that I have not been wasting any of our time.
    You did direct that comments at me too, right? I think I might be developing a "middle child" syndrome.........not that blouen is a sibling, or you an parental figure or anything. I'm just saying.....

9. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Stilo and Blouen,

I've just noticed something that I didn't notice before about this thread: the number of viewings of the thread. I normaly go straight to "my posts" to which numbers of people posting and viewing are not present. Today I noticed that there have been about 550 viewings to this thread.

Does this mean anything to you?

My question is: how come there're just about the 3 of us, or maybe few other occasional posters, participating in the interactions? Do they have the impression that this thread is meant for us few, I hope not. I do hope whoever is reading knows that they can share whatever comments they have in regards to whatever we post. To me the number of viewing shows a level of interest in the thread and maybe the topics it brings up, but whatever interests there are I whish they have been a little more "visible" other than the manifestion of the numbers. What's your thought on that? Do you think I read too much into it? Certainly everyone or anyone is welcome to post to this thread.

10. Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Perhaps we should finish this thread.

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last