• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Re: I can't do it on my own

I don't know. I think people feels that this thread is quite exclusive. To the three of us. I don't know. IMO, the thread has been quite long already to read and know what's going on. That's what my intuition tells me.

Anyway:

Any five new words there, NearThere?

I'll write some later, but first, it's time for work. Work first before you play.

2. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Stilo: Perhaps we should finish this thread

(NearThere is gasping for air!!)

All of a sudden I'm lost for words. I don't know what to say to that. But maybe you have a point.

Let's think on it. Any alternative?! I did have this eiree(wrong spelling I know, but you know what I mean) feeling of transparency and vulnerability when I saw the numbers as well as disconnection with others. It's wierd, but I'd do whatever you guys think it's the best or right thing to do. I do wish there's an alternative.

Talk to you guys soon. I have to attend a social meeting now, be back in 3 hours.

NearThere.

3. Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

The decision is yours, I am just here to help anyone I can.
    I agree, because the thread is so long, it is being viewed but not being added to because of the time it has been going. Well just my thoughts.

4. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I'm ending this thread as of now.

This has been a great experience and very benefitial to me as far as improving my English, thanks mostly to Stilo, you are a great teacher to me and hope you will continue to be. And Blouen, nothing beats a great competitor to kicking your behind to get you moving, which I need sometimes.

I've learned all the words I have toyed with in this thread and they stick! "renagade", "encumber", "trifle", and so on.........and who can forget "infinite"? The point is, unlike past histry where I learned new words and forgot them the next week, this method of learning not only helps me learn new vocabulary but enables me to use it with confidence, and that has been the whole point of this thread.

The rest of the message I'd like to communicate with you both thru Private Message if you don't mind. This has been great fun, borrowing a Brit word, mates!

with friendship

NearThere

5. Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

That's fine NT, I am sure we will speak again. I have enjoyed this Thread, and your company, and I get a kick out of helping people in this way.
    You are welcome to send a private message at any time.
    Thanks mate!!.

I've learned (SHOULD BE LEARNT)all the words I have toyed with in this thread and they stick! "renagade", "encumber", "trifle", and so on.........and who can forget "infinite"? The point is, unlike past histry (HISTORY I think this was simply a typing error) You could have used Whereas in the past I learnt new words....) where I learned new words and forgot them the next week, this method of learning
    Hope this latter constructive critism helps NT

Stilo
    Last edited by Stilo; 05-Mar-2008 at 15:48. Reason: Noticed learned was misused in text from NT

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8