Post Need help in offical communication

Hello all,
    This is my first post.I am practising english for more than 15 years (of course that's excluding my childhood), but only very recently I developed a penchant for good grammar and I feel that a good language sets you apart from the rest of the people.I have some doubts and I am posting them here.Here they go...

1.Today I chatted with my colleague about the farwell for a person leaving the job.I asked him "Have your team bought a gift for Mr.Dhinesh?".
    Am I right or should it be "Has you team bought a gift for Mr.Dhinesh?"
    PS:Please don't change the verb to " to do", please explain with "to have"

2.While registering in this forum, I came across this line when I activated my account "The email should already have arrived. If you lost the email for some reason, you mayrequest we send it to you again. ".In my place we usually say 'us' insted of 'we' in the above sentence.If this usage if correct, can I generalize 'my' and 'us' should always be used as pronouns, and only 'I' and 'we' can be used as nouns?

Re: Need help in offical communication

Quote Originally Posted by narainhere View Post
    Hello all,
    This is my first post. I am practising [have been using] English for more than 15 years (of course that's excluding my childhood), but only very recently I developed a penchant for good grammar and I feel that a good language sets you apart from the rest of the people. I have some doubts and I am posting them here. Here they are...

1.Today I chatted with my colleague about the farewell for a person leaving the job. I asked him, "Have your team bought a gift for Mr.Dhinesh?".
    Am I right or should it be "Has your team bought a gift for Mr.Dhinesh?"
    PS:Please don't change the verb to " to do", please explain with "to have"

You can use either. Which you use depends if you are considering "team" as a single entity, or as a group of individuals. However, please note that in the US, the singular verb is preferred.

2.While registering in this forum, I came across this line when I activated my account "The email should already have arrived. If you lost the email for some reason, you may request we send it to you again.". In my place we usually say 'us' insted of 'we' in the above sentence.If this usage if correct, can I generalize 'my' and 'us' should always be used as pronouns, and only 'I' and 'we' can be used as nouns? In the sentence, there is an elided "that": request [that] we send it to you again.
    Welcome to the forums.