Results 1 to 2 of 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    poshdave is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    can not find in dictionary

    Can you help me with a word we use in England I am not sure of the spelling
    MOYTHERING the moy part sounds like soy In a sentence it would read like
    please stop bothering me
    please stop moythering me
    Nobody in Australia seems to have heard of the word

  2. #2
    Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Re: can not find in dictionary

    This is a Yorkshire dialect word : Moither = to harrass

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts