I wish to learn some body posture words:
1. If your hands are on your hips: akimbo (right?)
2. if you put one leg on the other when sitting in a chair: sitting cross-legged (right? "sitting with your legs crossed". "Cross-legged" is generally used to describe sitting on the ground with your legs bent and crossed in front of you.
3. similar to no. 1 but mostly men do it: one ankle is on the knee when sitting: is it still 'sitting cross-legged' or is there another word for it?No specific term
4. if your hands are behind you, touching each other (usually old people do it when they walk): what is it called? No specific term - "walking along with his hands behind his back"
5. again sitting on a chair, you put your one ankle on the other: what is it called? (sitting cross-ankled?) "Sitting with your ankles crossed"
6. you are sitting at a table, one elbow is on the table and the head is sort of leaning to the hand (as if you are thinking): ?No specific term
7. both your elbows are on the table and the fingers of both hands kind of interlocked (again we do it when we think): ?No specific term
thanks a lot..