• Post Thanks / Like

Kryptonite

Kryptonite is a fictional substance from the Superman radio showcomic books). The word kryptonite is used in speech to describe someone's or something's weakness. The material, usually shown as having been created from the remains of Superman's native planet of Krypton, generally has detrimental effects on Superman. The name "kryptonite" covers a variety of forms of the substance, but usually refers to the most common series (and subsequent related media, most notably the "green" form.

1. What is "green form"?

2 kryptonite =Achilles' heel? according to above explanation which I excerpted from Wikipedia

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow402 View Post
    1. What is "green form"? The kryptonite comes in a form that is green [as shown in the illustration on the Wikipedia entry]

2 kryptonite =Achilles' heel? according to above explanation which I excerpted from Wikipedia Yes, the word is being used in a synonymous way.
    "His kryptonite/Achilles' heel is booze."

• Post Thanks / Like

1. What is "green form"? this means "green type of kryptonite" - in the comic books there is another type called "red kryptonite"

2 kryptonite =Achilles' heel? according to above explanation which I excerpted from Wikipedia Yes it means "weakness" or "weak point"

• Post Thanks / Like

Anglika & Horsa,

Thank your for your help. English learning is my Kryptonite because it is bitter, however sweet.