Results 1 to 2 of 2

    • Join Date: Feb 2008
    • Posts: 106

    split center spread

    can u please tell me what split center spread mens in thi context?

    it's about an ad

    If you can get on the front cover that's, of course, number one. The back page is number two,then the right side of the page, then the left side of the first page, then left on the back pages. Andfinally, the split center spread."

    • Join Date: Nov 2007
    • Posts: 5,409

    Re: split center spread

    I'll give it a shot.
    A 'spread' is an article or advertisement covering several columns or pages of a newspaper or magazine, especially one that spreads across two facing pages.
    If you turn to the middle of a magazine, (where you can see the staples holding the pages together) I believe this is the 'split centre". Then, an ad (particularly one with a photograph or a lot of art work) that is spread across both of the middle pages would be the split centre spread.

Similar Threads

  1. split a fare / split the fare
    By siruss in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-Jul-2007, 05:53
  2. Use of a word 'spread'
    By Joshrox in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Apr-2007, 19:01
  3. split infinitives
    By tommyfitzy in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-Feb-2007, 15:29
  4. spread / people
    By krj in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-Oct-2006, 18:11
  5. spread him on a cracker
    By Aaron in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-Dec-2005, 03:37


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts